Muscular skeletal system, Injuries, inflammation.
Strategies to help
with arthritis, muscle and nerve pain
Structures, models and frameworks, traditional systems
of medicine – Ayurveda, TCM, Greek and Arabic and Islamic medicine, Shamanic models, biomedicine and the scientific
- Name two herbal or home remedy strategies to help with bruises,
pre-diagnosed sprains and acute inflammation.
- Prepare a comfrey ointment.
- Name two medicinal plants that may be useful internally to help with arthritis and chronic inflammation.
- Suggest two dietary changes that may help with chronic inflammation.
- Place three models of medicine within context of a chronological timeline.
- Identify different cultural understandings of the nature of health and disease.
- Define basic elements of the cosmology, diagnostic systems, and therapeutic strategies from four traditions.
- Video lecture on muscular skeletal system.
- Video lecture on inflammation
- Video lecture on systems, and models of medicine.
- Video on making ointments.
- Annotated links to peer reviewed journals
- Annotated links to annotated YouTube clips, Ted talks etc.
- Annotated links to relevant websites